The firm's insurance team is comprised of an experienced team of litigators who practice the complete range of insurance litigation, but focus heavily in coverage, bad faith, reinsurance disputes and other complex commercial litigation affecting insurance companies.
Our litigators work with insurance companies outside of court to identify claims and practices that could lead to litigation or other disputes with policyholders or regulators. Our attorneys keep abreast of developments in the law affecting the insurance industry and use their knowledge and experience to help companies anticipate the types of claims they might see in the future. Our insurance team has litigated:
- Complex coverage matters, including claims involving intellectual property, construction defects and environmental contamination
- Cutting-edge suits involving emerging risks such as silica, welding rod and other toxic torts
- Actions against insurers for bad faith and other extra-contractual damages
- Class actions against insurance companies for marketing and claims practices
- Reinsurance collection and commutation disputes on behalf of American-based reinsureds and reinsurers
- Antitrust matters, including those involving workers compensation rating systems
- Disputes between insurers and governmental authorities
- Complex high-dollar liability cases, including product liability cases
- Cases against insurers related to medical records privacy
- Arbitrations under privately negotiated arbitration agreements
**Listed by A.M. Best Company as Best's Recommended Insurance Attorneys.