Our Real Estate & Construction Litigation Practice Group is experienced and highly skilled in litigating and negotiating creative solutions to complex real estate and construction disputes on behalf of a diverse array of clients, including owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, lenders, sureties, lienholders, brokers and title insurance companies.
Our experience extends to a wide range of real estate and construction disputes including:
- Purchase, sale and financing of real estate
- Real estate partnerships and limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Construction - liens, bonds and payments; project delay and disruption; workmanship defects; default and termination; insurance; insolvency and bankruptcy of construction partners
- Easements and boundaries
- Landlord-tenant and eviction
- Mortgage fraud, Truth-in-Lending and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Property tax assessments
- Property management and capital procurement
- Land use and zoning
Godfrey & Kahn Updates
News & Publications
BMO Harris Bank N.A.
We are frequently lead counsel for BMO Harris on real estate related disputes.
Regularly represent large loan servicer in real estate litigation including commercial foreclosure and workouts.
Juneau Village Towers
Represent property owner in partition and corporate dissolution litigation.
Defeated injunction and obtained summary judgment in multimillion-dollar real estate lease option and right of first refusal dispute.
Represented buyer of pharmaceutical plant in multimillion-dollar arbitration regarding cGMP compliance.
Dispute against county-owned airport concerning rights of self-fueling.
Injunction proceeding precluding draw on multimillion-dollar Letter of Credit.
Federal court trial under Telecommunications Act.
Construction arbitration - defending delay and defective construction damage claims.