We believe that our law firm, and the communities in which we live and work, must be committed to building a professional and cultural environment of inclusion. We have long embraced the principles of equal employment opportunity and recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component to our success as individuals and as a firm. We also believe that a diverse workforce improves our judgment and helps us to better understand our clients and our clients' needs. As the business community grows more diverse and increasingly global, we know that our commitment to diversity will enhance the quality of our work and our lives for the better of our employees and clients.
We are committed to building a professional and cultural environment where men and women of different backgrounds, beliefs, and cultural and ethnic heritages can thrive. It is this commitment that drives the firm's Diversity Committee to foster our firm values like teamwork and a sense of integrity while promoting diversity in all facets of the firm's business. The Diversity Committee works on behalf of the Management Committee in support of the firm's diversity mission and objectives. We know promoting diversity starts at the highest levels of leadership. That is why members of the firm's Management Committee were an integral part of the Diversity Committee since its inception and why members of the Management Committee and Compensation Committee remain active members today.
Mission & Objectives
We know promoting diversity and inclusion starts within.
The Diversity Committee's mission is to lead the firm's efforts to promote diversity and an inclusive work environment in all aspects of our business, reflecting the varied backgrounds of our employees, clients and the communities we serve.
To this end, the Diversity Committee is committed to the following objectives:
- Recruit and Retain Diverse Talent - Evaluate and assist in the development of strategic initiatives to recruit, support and retain employees from diverse backgrounds in conjunction with the Recruiting Committee, Summer Associate Committee, Associates Committee, Administration, Women's Leadership Forum and Attorney Advisor Program.
- Promote Diversity Education - Assist with the creation and implementation of diversity training, educational programs of interest, social and networking events that support ongoing camaraderie amongst our diverse employees, and promote a work environment of inclusion that celebrates the diverse attributes of our employees and clients.
- Advance Diversity Partnerships - Develop, implement and monitor a uniform system that identifies potential firm opportunities to partner with diverse clients and firm administrative support service providers, which includes coordinating firm Practice Group responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from clients and potential clients, firm suppliers and vendor contracts, in advancement of diversity partnerships with our clients and community.
- Support Community Outreach - Lead the firm's efforts in assessing and expanding the firm's community outreach activities in all of the communities in which we serve and the communities and interests served by our clients to ensure there is measurable and sustainable impact of our efforts.
- Reinforce Diversity Initiatives - Evaluate, consider, create, and/or support, on an ongoing basis in conjunction with other firm committees, firm policies, practices and programs related to the equitable application of benefits, policies and practices and provide recommendations to the Management Committee and other firm committees on strategies to improve leadership opportunities for employees generally and diverse employees specifically.