Godfrey & Kahn Attorney Maria L. Kreiter Appointed to the Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation Board of DirectorsAugust 17, 2012
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 17, 2012) - The Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation has appointed attorney Maria L. Kreiter to its board of directors effective immediately.
The Milwaukee Bar Association was established in 1858 to serve the interests of the lawyers, judges and the people of Milwaukee County by working to:
- Promote the professional interests of the local bench and bar;
- Encourage collegiality, public service and professionalism on the part of the lawyers of Southeastern Wisconsin;
- Improve access to justice for those living and working in Milwaukee County;
- Support the courts of Milwaukee County in the administration of justice; and
- Increase public awareness of the crucial role that the law plays in the lives of the people of Milwaukee County.
Kreiter is a member of the Litigation Practice Group at Godfrey & Kahn's Milwaukee office. Her practice focuses on complex business litigation, primarily in the areas of banking and financial services, business torts, contracts, corporate governance, consumer claims, and white collar defense and internal investigations.
Kreiter received her Bachelor of Science degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater and earned her J.D., cum laude, from Marquette University Law School.
With more than 180 lawyers, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is one of Wisconsin's leading business law firms. Founded in 1957, Godfrey & Kahn maintains offices in Milwaukee, Madison, Appleton, Green Bay and Waukesha, Wis.; and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit the firm's website at www.gklaw.com.