Godfrey & Kahn Attorneys, Practice Areas Earn Top Rankings in State
Chambers & Partners recognizes firm’s corporate/M&A, real estate and litigation practicesJune 06, 2005
Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is pleased to announce that the firm’s corporate/M&A, real estate, and general commercial litigation practices are ranked among the top statewide, according to a listing of "America’s Leading Business Lawyers 2005" compiled by Chambers & Partners.
Leading corporate/M&A attorneys are Peter M. Sommerhauser, John A. Dickens and Nicholas P. Wahl of the firm’s Milwaukee office and Michael E. Skindrud of the firm’s Madison office, LaFollette Godfrey & Kahn:
- Sommerhauser focuses his practice in the manufacturing, service and retail sectors and advises on acquisitions and sales of private and public companies. According to Chambers, "For many, Sommerhauser’s very presence represents a valid enough reason in itself to choose the firm."
- Dickens represents closely held businesses, venture funds, and institutional investors, and both borrowers and lenders in credit matters. According to Chambers, "He enters the tables due to market recognition of his highly visible and hugely active practice."
- Wahl has been noted for his active practice in the venture capital area. His clients benefit from his wide-ranging practice and his extensive experience in both the corporate/M&A and commercial real estate areas.
- Skindrud’s practice focuses on corporate finance, health law and securities. According to Chambers, "Skindrud continues to cement his reputation as an expert in counseling growth technology companies related to the University of Wisconsin in Madison."
Leading real estate attorneys are Steve L. Chernof and Michael J. Dwyer of the firm’s Milwaukee office:
- Chernof regularly represents developers, institutional lenders, real estate brokerage companies and others in the real estate field on a variety of matters, including tax credit transactions. According to Chambers, "Chernof maintains an outstanding reputation within the state as a thoroughly respected practitioner."
- Dwyer actively represents landlords and tenants in the retail industry as well as developers and investors in the built-to-suit markets. According to Chambers, "Commentators agree that he is a highly commercial and practical man."
The firm’s significant litigation practice received recognition for its experience in intellectual property disputes and its role in the international arena, advising on cross-continent licensing deals, distribution and European trademark issues. According to Chambers, the team also is "politically connected and is regarded as a natural choice for First Amendment and election law issues."
"We’re proud of the reputation Godfrey & Kahn has established for helping our clients build their businesses," said Rick Bliss, managing partner of Godfrey & Kahn. "We commend our attorneys whose experience and capabilities were recognized by Chambers."
Chambers & Partners publishes the Chambers Directory and other widely recognized guides to the legal profession. For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Founded in 1957, Godfrey & Kahn maintains offices in Milwaukee, Madison (LaFollette Godfrey & Kahn), Appleton, Green Bay, and Waukesha. With more than 180 attorneys, Godfrey & Kahn provides legal and business advice to clients ranging from small businesses and governmental entities to large privately and publicly held national and international companies.
# # #