Godfrey & Kahn Attorneys, Practice Areas Earn Top Rankings in State
Chambers & Partners recognizes firm's corporate/M&A, real estate, litigation, intellectual property and natural resources and environment practicesJune 16, 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (June 16, 2010)...The law firm of Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is pleased to announce the firm's corporate/M&A, real estate, general commercial litigation, intellectual property and natural resources and environment practices are ranked among the top statewide, according to a listing of "America's Leading Business Lawyers 2010," compiled by Chambers & Partners. This is the first year the firm's natural resources and environment practice group has been recognized. Additionally, a number of the firm's attorneys have been recognized individually, as noted below.
- Peter M. Sommerhauser, a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office, provides overall business and financial advice and planning to corporations, executives and owners. In addition, he has handled numerous acquisitions, ranging from management-leveraged buyouts to the acquisition and sale of publicly-traded entities. Chambers & Partners ranked Peter with the highest honor, Senior Statesman.
- John A. Dickens, a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office, represents closely- held businesses, venture funds, institutional investors and both borrowers and lenders in credit matters. He also provides legal advice relating to business formations, private placements, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts and general management and contractual issues.
- Christopher B. Noyes, a shareholder and chair of the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Milwaukee office, encompasses general corporate, securities and corporate finance issues in his practice. He also represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, mezzanine and venture capital financing, commercial lending matters and public and private equity and debt transactions.
- Patricia Falb, a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office, represents a variety of privately-held companies and their owners and executives, as well as institutional lenders and investors on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital transactions and corporate finance.
- Mark C. Witt, a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office, focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, private equity, venture capital and general business law. He advises and represents public and private companies in a wide variety of industries in both their transactional and general business needs.
- Stephen L. Chernof, a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office, regularly represents developers, institutional lenders and others in the real estate field on a variety of matters, including tax credit transactions, tax incremental financing and other government related issues.
- Michael J. Dwyer, a shareholder and team leader of the Real Estate Practice Group in the firm's Milwaukee office, has a reputation as a problem-solving deal maker, having counseled landlords, tenants, developers and investors in some of the more prominent real estate transactions in the state. He frequently represents developers in tax incremental financing development projects and has assisted clients in major retail developments and off balance sheet office leasing transactions.
- Kristine S. Cherek, a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office, represents clients in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions, development, joint venture formation, financing and leasing. She frequently represents healthcare systems, developers and investors in the development, acquisition and disposition of healthcare facilities. Kristine was ranked in the "Up and Coming" category.
General Commercial Litigation
- William H. Levit is a shareholder in the firm's Milwaukee office. His practice is quite diverse. He has substantial experience in a wide variety of complex litigation matters including antitrust, securities, distributor relations, licensing, unfair competition, insurance regulation and insolvency and coverage disputes, lawyers and accountants professional liability, shareholder disputes, as well as corporate governance counseling. He acts frequently as an arbitrator and mediator.
- Brady C. Williamson, a shareholder in the firm's Madison office, is a constitutional and corporate litigator who has taught periodically at the University of Wisconsin Law School for more than 20 years. His practice focuses on appellate advocacy and corporate law and reorganization.
- Daniel T. Flaherty, a shareholder and team leader of the Litigation Practice Group in the firm's Milwaukee, Appleton and Green Bay offices, focuses his practice on complex business litigation. His civil and criminal litigation experience includes antitrust, complex corporate disputes, financial institutions, health care, intellectual property, internal corporate (including Sarbanes-Oxley) investigations, securities and tax litigation.
Natural Resources & Environment
- Arthur J. Harrington, a shareholder and chair of the Environmental and Energy Law Practice Group in the firm's Milwaukee office, has a reputation for representing a diverse cross-section of clients including Fortune 500 business, municipal, land trust, tribal and state agency clients to accomplish their respective environmental and energy goals.
"We're proud of the reputation Godfrey & Kahn has established for helping our clients
build their businesses," said Rick Bliss, Managing Partner of Godfrey & Kahn. "We commend our attorneys whose experience and capabilities were recognized by Chambers."
For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
With more than 180 lawyers, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is one of Wisconsin's leading business law firms. Founded in 1957, Godfrey & Kahn maintains offices in Milwaukee, Madison, Appleton, Green Bay and Waukesha, Wis.; and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit the firm's web site at www.gklaw.com.