Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. Shareholder Lecia D. Johnson named chair of the Women's Leadership ForumMay 30, 2013
MILWAUKEE (May 30, 2013) - Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is proud to announce that Shareholder and member of the firm's Tax & Employee Benefits Practice Group, Lecia D. Johnson has been named chair of its Women's Leadership Forum (WLF).
Formed in 2010, the WLF is a way for female lawyers in the firm to learn, share and collectively effectuate positive change for the benefit of all lawyers, regardless of gender. The WLF has a list of six specific objectives:
- Identify current and new leadership opportunities for female lawyers at all professional levels throughout their career, both within and outside of the firm.
- Foster leadership opportunities for firm role models in conjunction with the Attorney Advisory Program.
- Provide venues for networking and professional development for female lawyers, both within and outside the firm.
- Create an educational series on topics of interest that promote leadership development.
- Evaluate firm policies, practices and programs that are related to the equitable use of benefit. Consider application of such policies to ensure uniform application to staff in a manner that promotes leadership development and the betterment of the firm.
- Provide recommendations to the Management Committee and other committees on policies aimed at promoting attorney retention.
With more than 180 lawyers, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is one of Wisconsin's leading business law firms. Founded in 1957, Godfrey & Kahn maintains offices in Milwaukee, Madison, Appleton, Green Bay and Waukesha, Wis.; and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit the firm's website at www.gklaw.com.