Summer Associate Compensation
Our summer associate salary is expected to be $2,500 per week.
Godfrey & Kahn's growth can be attributed to its success in providing excellent training and client contact to attorneys early in their careers. We focus on, and are committed to, the growth and development of our associates. At the onset of your career with Godfrey & Kahn, you will immediately interact with clients. Our lawyers will make a concentrated effort to introduce you to client decision makers. Shareholders are expected to shift client responsibility to you as you refine your skills and gain experience. For detailed information on our compensation and benefits, please see our NALP Directory of Legal Employers form.
Associates who are pursuing a traditional shareholder track are first eligible for promotion to shareholder status following their 8th year with the firm. The decision regarding an associate’s promotion to shareholder status takes into account a variety of factors and in most instances will occur between the associate’s 8th and 12th year with the firm.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
The salary and benefit package offered to new lawyers is competitive with other major firms. You will find our billable hour expectations to be reasonable and flexible working arrangements attractive. Our extensive benefits package includes group medical, disability and life insurance, a profit-sharing plan, a 401(k) plan with a firm matching contribution, and club membership. Additionally, the firm's group health and dental benefits cover qualified domestic partners and their dependent children. We also provide a unique benefit not offered by most other firms: a home-purchase program, which will provide assistance to you in the purchase of your first home.
Our attorney benefits package includes, but is not limited to:
- Up to $10,000 salary advance
- Moving expenses paid
- Home loan assistance program
- Bar review/examination fees and annual bar dues paid
- Club membership fees and dues paid
- Mobile device and data plan allowance
- Generous maternity/paternity and adoption paid leave
- Domestic partner benefits
- Alternative work schedules
- 401(k) plan with firm matching contribution
- Profit-sharing plan
- Health insurance with firm subsidized health savings account (HSA)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Flexible benefit plan
- Dependent care pre-tax deduction
- Parking subsidy
- Employee assistance program
- Dependent & elder care backup assistance program
Note: Above is a listing of the types of benefits currently offered. Eligibility for benefits and benefits payable are subject to the terms of the actual plan documents or policy. All benefits are subject to change at any time for any reason.