There’s a new Wisconsin Trust Code coming July 1, 2014, that allows trustees more flexibility, sets new statutes of limitations on trustee liability and provides rules that are more specific for beneficiaries and trustees.
Developed with input from the WBA’s Trust Section Members and members of the State Bar of Wisconsin Real Property, Probate and Trust and Elder Law sections, the Wisconsin Trust Code bill (Act 92) is a complete overhaul of nearly everything you knew about trusts under Wisconsin law.
Complete Restatement of Chapter 701
Act 92 is so diverse, it’s necessary to sit down and go through the fine print until you can understand what these changes mean to you and your clients. To aid the process, these full-day workshops will cover:
- Definitions and General Provisions
- Judicial Proceedings and Representation
- Creation, Modification, and Termination of a Trust; Decanting
- Creditor Claims, Spendthrift Provisions, and Revocable Trusts
- Office of Trustee
- Duties and Powers of a Trustee
- Directed Trusts
- Trust Protectors
- Liability of Trustee and Rights of Third Parties
- Victor Schultz, Prairie Financial Group, a division of Waukesha State Bank
- Cathy Priebe, Certus Legal Group, Ltd.
- Phil Halley, Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.
- Adam Wiensch, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Gardner Govan, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
- Liz Heiner, Boardman & Clark, LLP
- Randy Nelson, Weiss Berzowski Brady LLP
- Sue Collins, Associated Banc-Corp.
- Mark Shiller, Certus Legal Group. Ltd.
- Mark Chamberlain, Trust Point Inc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone responsible for administering personal trust accounts will find the program valuable. New and experienced trust officers, operations personnel, business development officers, and personal trust management should participate in this annual training.
- WBA Trust Section Members: $195 per person
- WBA Members: $225
- Non-WBA Member: $325
The registration fee includes all conference materials, lunch and refreshment breaks. http://www.wisbank.com/Portals/0/Education/Events/WBA_WI_TrustCode_Wkshps_043014_reg.pdf