Godfrey & Kahn Practice Areas, Attorneys Earn Top Rankings in State
Four Practice Areas and Eight Attorneys Listed in Chambers USA DirectoryJune 26, 2006
Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. is pleased to announce that the firm’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, and Litigation/General Commercial practices and attorneys are ranked among the top statewide, according to a listing of "America’s Leading Business Lawyers 2006" compiled by Chambers & Partners.
Leading Corporate/M&A attorneys are Christopher B. Noyes, John A. Dickens, Peter M. Sommerhauser and Nicholas P. Wahl of the firms’ Milwaukee office and Michael E. Skindrud of the firm’s Madison office, LaFollette Godfrey & Kahn:
- Noyes is the Team Leader of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group. According to Chambers, "Noyes has unparalleled knowledge of securities and corporate finance law."
- Dickens represents closely held businesses, venture funds, and institutional investors. According to Chambers, "Dickens gets the deal done and never loses track of the greater objective."
- Sommerhauser focuses his practice in the manufacturing, service and retail sectors and advises on acquisitions and sales of private and public companies. According to Chambers, "Sommerhauser possesses a commanding presence in the local market and is widely acclaimed for his negotiating skills."
- Wahl was recognized by Chambers for the combination of his deep experience in both business and real estate law. His broad practice includes venture capital work, mergers and acquisitions, general business matters and real estate transactions and development.
- Skindrud’s practice focuses on corporate finance, health law and securities. He counsels a wide range of clients from small, emerging technology companies to large integrated healthcare systems.
The leading commercial litigation lawyer is William H. Levit, Jr. of the firm’s Milwaukee office. According to Chambers, "Levit fights hard for his client and has done so successfully for decades. He is a litigator and arbitrator who gets things done with the minimum of fuss."
Leading real estate attorneys are Michael J. Dwyer and Stephen L. Chernof of the firm’s Milwaukee office:
- Dwyer is head of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. According to Chambers, "He is one of the most seasoned real estate lawyers in the state. Clients appreciate his commercial shrewdness and reasonable personality."
- Chernof advises on a wide variety of matters for developers and others engaged in the subsidized and tax credit housing market. According to Chambers, "Chernof is respected for his thorough and practical approach."
"We’re proud of the reputation Godfrey & Kahn has established for helping our clients build their businesses," said Rick Bliss, managing partner of Godfrey & Kahn. "We commend our attorneys whose experience and capabilities were recognized by Chambers."
Chambers & Partners publishes the Chambers USA Directory
and other widely recognized guides to the legal profession. For the current U.S. directory, over 10,000 in-depth interviews were conducted with clients and attorneys across the U.S. Ranking criteria include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness/astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client. For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Founded in 1957, Godfrey & Kahn maintains offices in Milwaukee, Madison (La Follette Godfrey & Kahn), Appleton, Green Bay, and Waukesha, WI and Shanghai, PRC. With more than 190 attorneys, Godfrey & Kahn provides legal and business advice to clients ranging from small businesses and governmental entities to large privately and publicly held national and international companies.
# # #