We have been honored to be trusted advisors to family and privately-held businesses for over 60 years.
View overview as a PDF
Our firm was founded by attorneys who were, at their core, estate planning and tax advisors to family business owners. As a start-up themselves, they knew they not only had to bring more than experienced legal analysis to their first clients, but also had to be strategic thinkers and counselors. Our firm has grown significantly since then and like many of our family and privately-held business clients, we are now in our third generation of leadership. Our work with these valued clients has spanned the full scope of the business cycle:
We regularly help family-owned and privately-held businesses:
- Establish the best legal structures across multiple business ventures
- Structure ownership to maximize equity holder returns and facilitate intergenerational transfers
- Advise on corporate governance best practices and assist in resolving disputes before they become fractious to the enterprise
- Consult on management compensation, benefits and related issues and best practices in the context of family-owned businesses, and in relation to the involvement of non-family members
- Establish estate plan and charitable giving guidelines
- Evaluate potential new ventures, financing sources and exit strategies
Our strategy remains straightforward:
Listen to our clients to understand their goals and objectives, and then offer advice and strategies that make those goals and objectives a reality.