Godfrey & Kahn’s Antitrust Practice Group helps clients minimize antitrust risk through practical business counseling.
Our attorneys routinely counsel clients on a full range of antitrust issues, including:
- Production, distribution and marketing programs
- Resale price maintenance and minimum advertised price programs
- Price discrimination
- Exclusive dealing
- Joint ventures and other competitor collaborations
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Intellectual property
- Health care contracting and consolidation
- Antitrust exemptions and immunities, including government petitioning, state action, the McCarran-Ferguson Act and others
We also assist our clients in developing and implementing compliance programs that are carefully designed to minimize the risk of exposure under antitrust laws and help prevent costly government investigations and litigation altogether. We provide counsel on programs ranging from formal compliance programs and full on-site audits of existing practices to less formal presentations designed to train key management and marketing personnel.
Further, only by knowing the facts can company management make good decisions on important issues, such as whether to report wrongdoing to the government, whether to discipline the employees involved, and what remedial action may be appropriate in response. Our team of attorneys at Godfrey & Kahn, including a number of former federal and state prosecutors, are ideally suited to conduct this fact finding. These attorneys know how to conduct a confidential, effective and efficient investigation to obtain credible results without unnecessarily disrupting your business.
Our goal is to help our clients avoid or minimize the risk of adverse consequences under the antitrust laws while meeting their legitimate business needs in innovative ways.