Antitrust lawsuits and investigations have the potential to result in steep civil and criminal penalties. Seasoned counsel can help navigate this complex, high-stakes landscape and potentially avoid litigation.
When facing competition-related legal challenges, access to a deep bench of antitrust expertise is essential. At Godfrey & Kahn, our team includes senior litigators, former state and federal prosecutors, and the former lead counsel for the Wisconsin State Attorneys General Antitrust Enforcement division.
Our antitrust practice specializes in the following areas:
- Compliance and counseling
- Government investigations
- Internal investigations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- State attorneys general inquiries
In addition to counseling clients, we have deep experience litigating the following types of disputes:
- Price fixing
- Bid rigging
- Territorial and market allocation
- Exclusive dealing
- Tying arrangements
- Merger challenges
- Trade associations
- Joint ventures
- Government petitioning
Whether your matter calls for a specialist in complex litigation and class action lawsuits, sophisticated merger and acquisition advice, or the development of an antitrust compliance program, we can can help.
Godfrey & Kahn Updates
News & Publications
- Chief trial counsel for the Idaho Attorney General in the Federal Trade Commission and State of Idaho v. St. Luke’s Health Systems, a seminal case involving the interplay between antitrust law and the changes mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Defense of major beer manufacturer against claims of exclusionary and coordinated conduct to harm smaller rival.
- Defense of energy company in class action involving allegations of price fixing in natural gas markets.
- Defense of dental insurer in antitrust class action challenging territorial restrictions in trademark licensing agreements.
- Counsel for health insurer in a monopolization action against a dominant competitor concerning use of most favored nations clauses.
Antitrust Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented third-party Fortune 500 company involved in the proposed Sysco – US Foods merger involving numerous state enforcers.
- Represented a number of Fortune 200 companies in the cable and telecommunications arena with respect to merger reviews by federal and state enforcers.
- Represented Northwest and Delta Airlines in clearing merger reviewed by over two dozen state attorneys general and USDOJ.
- Represented Google in its proposed acquisition of Yahoo, reviewed by thirteen state attorneys general.
- Represented Midwest Airlines in its sale to TPG, obtaining clearance from the Antitrust Division.
- Represented Ticketmaster in its acquisition of Live Nation, reviewed by numerous state attorneys general.
- Represented Oracle in its acquisition of PeopleSoft involving over twenty state attorneys general offices.