Our Labor, Employment and Immigration Practice Group has extensive experience representing private and public sector employers in labor disputes.
Our experience runs across the complete labor relations spectrum, including proceedings under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the Wisconsin Employment Peace Act and other similar state laws. For more information about non-litigation services, please click here.
We regularly represent employers in the following types of cases before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB):
- Unfair labor practice charges (ULPs)
- In addition to defending employers against ULPs, we also have experience in filing ULPs against unions
- Representation election (RC) petitions, which are employee or union requests for elections to certify a union as collective bargaining agent
- Decertification (RD) petitions, which are employee requests for an election to end union representation
- Employer-filed (RM) petitions, which are employer requests for an election to determine whether a union enjoys majority support from employees
We also regularly represent clients before the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission (WERC) in prohibited practice complaints. In addition, we often represent clients before grievance arbitrators appointed to resolve disputes arising under labor contracts, and we are well versed in alternative dispute resolution procedures like mediation.
Our priority, however, is always to employ our experience to resolve disputes informally whenever possible.