For most businesses, a data breach is the nightmare scenario.
Industry headlines show that a data breach must be considered a when, not if scenario. Furthermore, the average breach response costs millions of dollars… before the regulatory investigations and litigation that often follow.
No matter where your business finds itself in the data-breach lifecycle—preparing to avoid or reduce the impact of a breach, seeking to comply with a growing thicket of governing laws and regulations, or responding to an ongoing breach—our team can help.
We are Wisconsin’s first and only Authorized Breach Coach® credentialed by NetDiligence, the industry leader in cyber risk readiness and response services. Our team members are highly credentialed, nationwide thought leaders on cybersecurity who routinely publish and present with other industry experts. We’re people of action, experienced in digital forensics, cyber-incident response, ethical hacking, website security, software programming, and the knock-down-drag-out world of litigation that often follows a breach.
Some of what we counsel clients on includes:
- Infosec best practices, including the implementation of Written Information Security Programs, Incident Response Plans, and ancillary policies relating to areas like mobile device security and secure remote access.
- Tabletop exercises, or “dress-rehearsal” practices, that simulate real cybersecurity incidents to see how your business, its leaders, and its employees respond.
- Active breach response, sometimes called “breach coaching,” in which we lead your business, often with a team of other experts, through all aspects of the response, from negotiating ransom payments to forensic examination to regulatory and individual notifications.
- Cybersecurity compliance in highly regulated industries, such as financial services, insurance, and healthcare.
Your business can even retain us ahead of time—at no up-front charge—to be your breach coach. That way, if your business is ever attacked, you know who to call right away, saving critical time.
We navigate the mess of applicable regulations, mitigate the damage and potential for litigation, and more critically, get your business back up and running.
Experiencing a Cybersecurity Incident?
Our team is also ready to help at a moment’s notice. If you’re experiencing a cybersecurity incident and need support, call or email us 24/7:
(833) DATA-LOSS or email@example.com.
LEGAL DISCLAIMERS. (1) Please do not send us confidential information until you have spoken with one of our attorneys and we have agreed in writing to represent you. Before we can represent you, we must determine that no conflict of interest or other situation would prevent us from representing you. Our representation begins only after we complete our evaluation and send you an engagement letter with the terms and conditions of our representation of you. (2) Our team does its best to monitor our incident reporting hotline and email address continuously. However, it may take several hours or longer for us to respond, especially during overnight hours and on weekends. If you need immediate assistance, please state so in your message to us and follow up by contacting one of our attorneys directly, so that we can make arrangements to contact you as quickly as possible.