Erin has more than ten years’ experience helping lenders, trade vendors, committees, debtors, buyers, and other creditors navigate all facets of insolvency, bankruptcy, and financial distress. This includes pre-bankruptcy advising and workouts, bankruptcy, and state court receivership proceedings. Recent experience includes:
- Negotiation of loan renewals, refinancing, and forbearance agreements;
- Litigation and resolution of cash collateral use, adequate protection, debtor-in-possession financing, critical vendor status, reclamation claims, executory contract and lease disputes, claims objections, automatic stay litigation, and dischargeability and avoidance actions;
- Representation of secured and unsecured creditors in commercial collections, foreclosures, and other complex commercial litigation matters including state and federal appeals;
- Asset sales and auctions through receivership or bankruptcy proceedings;
- Representation of Fee Examiners and Fee Committees in large Chapter 11 bankruptcies, through qualitative and quantitative analysis of fee applications and negotiation and litigation of disputes. Recent representative fee review engagements include: In re Energy Future Holdings Corp., et al., In re The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, et al., and In re Samson Resources Corp.
Prior to joining Godfrey & Kahn, Erin practiced bankruptcy and commercial litigation at a Madison law firm for five years, where she frequently appeared as counsel for a Chapter 7 panel trustee. While a student at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, Erin was a member of the women’s crew team. In her free time, she continues to enjoy competitive rowing.